Categories

Friday, March 22, 2013

Music Update



The Neighbourhood! Hmm... who are they? If your wondering this question you better become quickly acquainted with this name. This five piece indie band from L.A. has been creating quite a buzz with their talent to artfully blend the genres of rock, R & B, and folk within their music. They may have been labeled a buzz-band (don't listen to those idiots!) , but these guys have a lot in store for us! From their recent album, dropped in January called "I'm Sorry... " my favorite songs have to be Sweater Weather and Female Robbery. 

   I can't put in words how much I love their video for Sweater Weather! The black and white aesthetic of the video creates a lovely feeling of nostalgia. Watching it makes me want to hop on a plane to California and just drive down the sunny road of Sunset Blvd surrounded by palm trees. Oh and that convertible, so rad!! Make sure not to miss the end when the song slows down and the image flips upside down, really trippy and I love it!
   Make sure to check them out and keep an eye open for The Neighbourhood, they are definitely destined to do much in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment